ICMA-RC is committed to protecting participant and plan sponsor information. We have designed and currently maintain an Information Security and Fraud Prevention program that reflects widely recognized best practices.
ICMA-RC takes seriously its responsibility to keep participant and plan sponsor data secure. In this regard, ICMA-RC employs multiple layers of Security and Fraud Prevention controls designed to prevent, detect, and minimize the impact of any fraudulent attempts and malicious attacks on its information systems and network. ICMA-RC has a dedicated team of certified and licensed professionals trained to seek to ensure: our client data remains confidential; integrity of data is intact and accurate; and systems remain available to meet our participant and plan sponsor needs.In light of recent events, we list below a few prudent practices to strengthen security and help mitigate the risk of fraud:
- Change passwords on a regular basis and never use the same password across accounts.
- Be on the alert for phishing emails with embedded links and phone scams.
- Look for "https://" and the lock () in your browser address bar to signify a secure site before logging in.
- Contact the legitimate company directly if you have any doubts about an email or website containing the company's name.
- Secure personal information.
- Check account information frequently.
- Shred personal information before discarding.
- Update email, phone numbers and address to ensure the most recent information is on file.
- Promptly review all communication sent from ICMA-RC via mail or email and immediately report any discrepancies.
- Contact us at 1-800-669-7400 if there are questions about other measures that can be taken to strengthen security and mitigate against fraud.